How To Teach Djembe
We will focus on the fundamental skills you need to effectively play at any drum circle, jam session, or kirtan. The building blocks of traditional djembe music will also be explored. Instruction will be given with regard to the difference between traditional and ballet-styles. You will practice everything you need to perform in and create an ensemble.
- Teaching Children/Seniors/Disabled
- Wellness: Healing with the Drum Teaching and Performing in Schools and Facilitating Jam Sessions
- How to Lead (Guide) a Drum Circle
- Teaching Traditional Drum Patterns
- Teaching Non-Traditional
- How to Market Yourself Effectively and Cheaply Using Mass Media.
9-15th 12hr Teacher Training Part 1
16-22nd 12hr Teacher Training Part 2
Group Djembe Lessons
Mon – Wed – Fri 1pm-3pm
Tues – Thur 4pm-6pm
Private Djembe Lessons
If you are unable to attend our classes but would still like to study with us, we can customize a personal Drumming Intensive course just for you.
Our 1-3 day drumming intensives provide considerable and invaluable instruction and historical and cultural insight. These intensive courses are also available in one-on-one private lesson formats. Whether you are a beginning, intermediate or advanced drummer, this is a timely opportunity to immerse yourself in drumming. Learn More »